Table of Contents
Instructor Terms, Overview, and Revenue Share Incentives
Virtual Learning (VL) is an open opportunity for instructors to share their knowledge. VL is committed to following regulations and structure while providing instructors the freedom to provide educational advancement and ingenuity. We spent time interviewing instructors and experts in the field to understand them. They wanted an e-learning platform that was fair, flexible, safe, and structured.
VL is a company driven by educational advancement and ingenuity. Virtual Learning is taking an innovative e-learning methodology that infuses its user-friendly capabilities for education and training. The future-minded e-learning platform is trusted to power the learning programs for major universities, small to large corporations in search of a well-rounded hosting platform, entrepreneurs, and startups.
Your imagination is reality. With Virtual Learning, you can envision tomorrow and accomplish anything you set your mind to because we provide an educational convenience for all.
Instructor Terms of Agreement
Virtual Learning’s terms of agreement (Terms) are for the instructor’s and user’s best interest.
Virtual Learning is a Delaware corporation based in the United States. Upon being employed as an instructor on the Virtual Learning platform, you agree to the Terms. The terms are compliant with following state and federal guidelines.
Instructors are contracted directly with Virtual Learning and must adhere to the regulations listed in the Instructor Terms.
The instructor recognizes that Virtual Learning presently has developed and/or may, because of instructors’ work, develop intellectual property in the form of data, formulae, computer software specifications, processes, patents, copyrights, or other technical or product information.
Accordingly, the instructor, as a condition of engagement as an independent contractor, agrees to adhere to Virtual Learning’s regulations.
Furthermore, the instructor understands that any copyrights, inventions, or patents created or obtained, in part or whole, by contractor during this Agreement are to be considered “works for hire.” Virtual Learning Contractor agrees that Virtual Learning is not responsible for stolen or copyrighted material obtained by the instructor.
Virtual Learning holds all rights and interest in any copyright, invention, patents, or other property related to the business of the Virtual Learning.
Non-Disclosure of Trade Secrets, Customer Lists and Other Proprietary Information
Instructor agrees not to use, disclose, or communicate, in any manner, proprietary information about VL, its operations, clientele, or any other proprietary information, that relate to the business of VL. This includes, but is not limited to, the names of VL’s customers, its marketing strategies, operations, or any other information of any kind which would be deemed confidential or proprietary information of VL including but not limited to:
VL’s SOP, Workflow Process, Contacts, Contracts, Policies, Forms, Access, and Data System.
Instructor acknowledges that the above information is material and confidential and that it affects the profitability of VL. Instructor understands and that any breach of this provision, or of any other Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, is a material breach of this Agreement.
The instructor agrees that any customers or clientele generated by Contractor pursuant to work performed for Virtual Learning are the customers and clientele of the Virtual Learning and subject to the non-disclosure and non-solicitation covenants set forth above.
Henceforth, the instructor understands that any projections regarding the financial status or potential for growth of Virtual Learning are matters of opinion only and do not constitute a legally binding representation. The instructor agrees that they have had the opportunity to conduct due diligence of Virtual Learning and are satisfied with the representations that have been made.
Virtual Learning holds instructors accountable for the content that is posted. This course content may include the following:
Course landing page
Course Images and Description
Course Marketing Materials
Therefore, in consideration of the mutual promises set forth, it is hereby agreed between Virtual Learning and the instructor as follows:
The information must be accurate.
Virtual Learning does not condone stolen content.
Instruct and complete the course. This does not apply to all courses.
Your submitted content will not infringe or misappropriate any third party’s intellectual property rights.
Credentials are essential. You have the required qualifications, credentials, and expertise to teach and offer the services that you offer through your submitted content and use of the Services.
You will respond promptly to students to ensure the quality of service that corresponds with the standards of your industry and instruction services in general.
Inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, infringing, defamatory, or libelous content will not be tolerated.
Post or transmit unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, or any other forms of solicitation through the services or to any user.
Engage in an activity that would require us to obtain licenses from or pay royalties to any third party including the need to pay royalties.
You will not abuse our services.
Interfere with other instructors from providing their services.
Use Virtual Learning resources including support services.
Trust and Safety
Virtual Learning holds responsibility for ensuring that its community is trustworthy by giving its users guidelines. Currently, the community at Virtual Learning consists of the following:
- Businesses- Businesses of all sizes use our platform to provide quality training to their employees.
- Users / Students – The students are the heart of Virtual Learning. They are what makes Virtual Learning. They utilize the platform for its convenience, ease of use, and the quality of the content. They are given an incredible resource of knowledge and skill-based learning.
- Instructors – Virtual Learning is an open opportunity for instructors to give back through coaching their knowledge and experiences. They are the minds of Virtual Learning. Our instructors love to inspire. They are masters of their craft and express this through giving our students access to tools.
Its reputation relies on following the trust and safety guidelines it expects its users to follow. Since both businesses and individual users utilize the platform, it is important that the terms of agreement are abided by.
In the terms of agreement, instructors agree to abide by Virtual Learning’s trust and safety policies which include course standards and policies. We reserve the right to suspend payments or ban instructors for any reason at any time without prior notice.
These cases include the following:
Use copyrighted materials.
Cause unnecessary or unlawful harm.
Post or transmit unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk, mail, spam, or any other form of solicitation.
Impersonate other people to gain unauthorized access to an account.
Posting any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, defamatory, or libelous.
Abuse Virtual Learning supportive resources.
Anything additional that Virtual Learning may deem inappropriate.
Keep it professional.
Useful and knowledgeable.
Copyright infringement is an important issue for VL. If you believe any materials on or from www.virtuallearnonline.com (the “Website”) infringe on your copyright, a request for removal of those materials from the Website can be done through submission of a written notice. In obedience with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) the written notice must include the following:
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit VL to locate the material (i.e., the URL of the webpage containing the material).
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit VL to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted.
If failure to comply with all requirements of DMCA, your DMCA Notice may not be valid.
If you falsely claim that material or activity on the Website is infringing on your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
VL may increase sales price at our discretion if we determine state, national, or use taxes or local sales, value added taxes (VAT), or other similar transaction taxes (“Transaction Taxes”) may be due. For sales done through applications, appropriate Transaction Taxes are collected by mobile platform.
Identification for Third Party Claims
Instructors agree to indemnify, defend, save, and hold harmless VL, its shareholders, officers, directions, and other agents (other than Instructor) from and against all claims, liabilities, causes of action, damages, judgments, attorneys’ fees, court costs, and expenses which arise out of or are related to the Instructor’s performance, failure to perform job functions or duties as required, before, during or after the termination of employment. Instructors must understand that this obligation of indemnification survives the expiration or termination of employment.
If a student asks for a refund after we have paid the relevant instructor payment, we reserve the right to either (1) deduct the amount of the refund from the next payment sent to the instructor or (2) where no further payments are due to the instructor or the payments are insufficient to cover the refunded amounts, require the instructor to refund any amounts refunded to students for the instructor’s courses.
This policy stipulates the use of all VL trademarks. Constancy of the application of VL trademarks fortifies their value. Respect all copyright and other intellectual property laws. For the Virtual Learning protection as well as your own, it is critical that you show proper respect for the laws governing copyright, fair use of copyrighted material owned by others, trademarks, and other intellectual property, including the Virtual Learning own copyrights, trademarks, and brands. Employees are also responsible for ensuring that, when sending any material over the Internet, they have the appropriate distribution rights.
- No individual Instructor may use VL trademark or official web template header and/or footer, or refer to their affiliation with VL, to indicate support or endorsement of anything that is not official VL business.
- VL trademarks may be used by persons or entities outside the VL platform only pursuant to a license, memorandum of understanding, or sponsorship agreement stating the terms and conditions of such use.
- Neither the name of VL nor any VL trademark may be used in any way that states or implies endorsement of a commercial product or service, is misleading, could cause confusion regarding VL’s relationship with any person or entity.
- Neither the name of VL nor any VL trademarks may be used in any way that could be detrimental to VL’s image.
- Determined actions will be taken for identified persons or parties in violation of this policy will have.
Licensure for VL
VL enables you to share content. You are responsible for “User Content”, created and shared by you, and reserve all intellectual property rights of created and shared “User Content” directly created and shared by you. User Content does not include course content or other materials made available on or placed on the VL platform by or on behalf of Content Providers or their instructors. To the degree you provide User Content, you grant VL a sublicensable, royalty-free, perpetual, fully transferable, sublicensable, non-exclusive, modify, distribute, create derivative works based on, publicly display, publicly perform, and otherwise use the User Content. License includes bestowing VL the right to empower content providers to utilize User Content with their registered students. You grant VL the rights to sublicense the rights to your submitted content to students directly. You have the authority to remove your submitted content from VL when needed. Except as otherwise agreed, VL’s right to sublicense the rights in this section will terminate with respect to new users 60 days after the Submitted Content’s removal. However, VL’s license shall survive termination to use said submitted content for marketing reasons.
VL may requisition Instructors to make captions or subtitles for, or translations of, submitted content and other content, and submit such captions, subtitles, or translations to VL. VL will grant to you a non-exclusive, worldwide, freely revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable limited right and license to make such captions, subtitles, or translations if you agree to submit such captions, subtitles, or translations to VL. You agree that by submitting captions, subtitles, or translations shall be considered User Content and subject to representations, license, and warranties; and further provided that, you agree and acknowledge that by creating or submitting any such captions, subtitles, or translations, you shall not obtain any rights or license in or to VL’s and its affiliate’s intellectual property.
Virtual Learning holds the right in its sole discretion to update terms at any given time.
Course prices will be determined by the selection and from the list of available price levels. You may choose to offer your course for free. Approved courses will be capped at $200.00.
Upon submitting your course materials, you give us permission to share your courses for free with our employers, business partners, and restore access accounts that previously purchased your accounts. You understand that you will not be compensated in these cases.
Relationship and User Terms
To keep the relationship professional, instructors do not have a direct relationship with the student which means that any information given to the instructor by the student is provided to you through Virtual Learning students. You agree that you will not use the data you receive for any other purpose besides providing your services to said students on the VL platform. You agree to indemnify VL of any and all claims that surface from your use of students’ personal data.
For additional questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com or complete the contact form and someone will reach out to you.
Inspection and Quality Course Checklist
Virtual Learning conducts inspections and quality control for courses submitted by instructors.
- Course meets the 80% unique criteria
- The course contains activities to help convey concepts and check understanding
- Interactions engage learner
- Content matches course objects
- Content is accurate and logical
- Course uses conversational style
- Concepts are organized logically
- Images are relevant to the topic
- Images are in a consistent style
- Images and videos are royalty free
- Permission releases of images and videos are obtained
- Use of images and videos follow the applicable copyright law
- Clear and measurable learning objects are suitable for e-learning and target audience
- Knowledge or skill is suitable for e-learning and target audience
- Learning strategies are suitable to e-learning and target audience
- Assessment includes realistic scenarios and questions that match the learning objects and overall goal of the course
- Question development follows best practices such as testing one idea per item including only material relevant to the answer and providing meaningful feedback that reinforces learning
Virtual Learning does not condone or accept courses that discuss the following topics:
Violence and bodily harm
Politics or political agendas
Illegal or ethical activities
Racial slurring or discrimination
Content for young people
Nudity and Attire
Dating and relationships
Instructor Incentive and Revenue Share Overview
Virtual Learning understands the amount of effort and work that goes into creating engaging courses that motivate students to learn. With that being known, Virtual Learning offers a 50% guaranteed commission per user registration and purchase of their course.
Instructor Payment Schedule Overview
Instructors must sign a contract with Virtual Learning. Upon submission of a contract, the paid course will undergo a screening by the Virtual Learning team.
Payment schedules are every 60 days to process refunds, corrections, and other adjustments.
Troubleshooting Missing Payments
For troubleshooting any missing payments or concerns about payment schedules, please contact our Virtual Learning team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deleting Your Account
Directions to delete your account can be found here. Payment will be issued in the regular cycle no exceptions. Students enrolled in your course prior to deleting your account will still be able to access submitted content until completion. Your name and submitted content will remain on the page until students enrolled prior to deletion of account complete course or course expires.
Instructors acknowledge that these terms and agreements can be terminated at any time.
How to Contact Us / Support Team
Virtual Learning is an open platform for opportunity and encouragement. For additional questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com or complete the contact form and someone will reach out to you.