I could go on and on about the countless reasons why our mothers deserve our admiration. Is that even a word to use? I tried looking up words that were synonymous with being thankful. I couldn’t find a single word that represented how thankful I was to, not only my mother but all the mothers of the world. Being a History major, I learned how difficult it was to be a mother in past times. While modern technology and medicine have helped mothers survive the pain of childbirth, mothers contribute to society in ways that can’t be measured with money.
I decided to write the single most important reason why mothers deserve our admiration. They contribute to society in countless of ways. However, if I could sum it up in two words, it’d be these two. This single reason is unconditional love. For many of us, mothers represent love. This kind of love is what many search for, but cannot find through others. This is because the type of love mothers give cannot be purchased, it is impossible to replicate, and when they leave this world, it leaves an emptiness in our hearts. We understand how precious our mothers are.
Why is unconditional love important? I’ll explain in 7 short reasons and this is by no way the amount of reasons that it is important.
- You were loved for being your unique self.
- You were provided with love, comfort, and warmth.
- Some mothers sacrifice their dreams, passions, and dedicated their time to you.
- When the world turns its back on you, your mother will always be there.
- When you were in pain, your mother did the best she could to ease it.
- Those mistakes you made didn’t stop her from loving you.
- Her love is with you forever.
Unconditional love gives us the freedom to be ourselves and not be afraid to push boundaries. When you have someone in support of your dreams, how can you lose? If you do lose, you aren’t loved any less.
With that being said, thank you to the mothers for everything that you do.